Words and images can create a powerful emotion that stirs our innermost feelings and empower us to change. People around the world look for inspiration from motivational
Why are we inspired by famous travel quotes? Is the language of the wording memorable or moving? Here are some inspirational travel quotes to help you dream, dare and explore, because the world is begging for your company.
1. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams ~ Oprah Winfrey
2. I Love to travel but hate to arrive ~ Albert Einstein
3. We have nothing to lose and a world to see
4. Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport
5. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes – Marcel Proust
6. The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot ~ Michael Altshuler
7. To travel is to take a journey into yourself ~ Danny Kaye
8. A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving ~ Lao Tzu
9. So much of who we are is where we have been – William Langwiesche
This travel quote really resonates with me because I feel the person, I am today is the result of my upbringing. For the first nineteen years of my life, I lived in seven different countries; in Asia, Europe, and North America. I’ve explored castles in England, climbed mountains in North America, and watched sunsets in Asia. You could say, I was born to travel. Travel has taught me the ability to adapt to whatever environment I’m faced with. It has also made me humble and more appreciative of the little things in life.
While most people are afraid of change, I tend to embrace it. Sometimes, change is unavoidable so instead of fretting about it, see it as a door of opportunity for something new; maybe even something better.
10. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage ~ Paolo Coelho
11. Take only memories, leave only footprints ~ Chief Seattle
12. The traveler seeks the world we have lost – the lost valleys of the imagination ~ Alexander Cockburn
13. Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by ~ Robert Frost
14. When the traveler goes alone, he gets acquainted with himself ~ Liberty Hyde Bailey
15. For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return ~ Leonardo de Vinci
16. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware ~ Martin Buber
17. Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times
I love this, and it’s right on the mark. It reminds me of a time when I moved from Cyprus back to England. I was seen as a “foreigner” by my classmates because two years of living in the Mediterranean had turned my olive skin quite dark. When queried on my travels, I was asked: “why travel when we live in the greatest country in the world?” “How many countries have you visited?” was my reply. “None,” said my classmate, “but I have heard about them.” All things considered, how could someone make such a judgment about the rest of the world if they haven’t experienced it.
Experiencing the world, not necessarily traveling as a tourist but living abroad, makes you humble. Living in a war zone opens your eyes to the sadness some people endure every day. It teaches you gratitude.
18. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover ~ Mark Twain
19. A traveler without observation is a bird without wings ~ Moslih Eddin Saadi
20. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things ~ Henry Miller
21. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment ~ Hilaire Belloc
22. Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased ~ John Steinbeck
23. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world – Gustav Flaubert
24. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all – Helen Keller
25. Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul – Jamie Lyn Beatty
26. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step – Lao Tzu
The idea of travel can be stressful to some, but if you learn to embrace it, it provides a host of health benefits to your mind, body, and soul. Travel has a way of teaching us relaxation, which decreases stress. It’s also good for the mind which lessens our chances of getting dementia.
Once you travel, it’s in your blood. Then the desire to travel again grows stronger with each passing year. The world is a treasure trove of amazing places begging to be explored. Once you take the first step, you’ll be looking at life in a whole new way.
27. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller – Ibn Battuta
28. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page ~ Saint Augustine
29. Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey – Pat Conroy
30. Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home ~ Matsuo Basho
31. Your life is a message to the world make sure its inspiring ~ Maeve Garrison
32. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
33. Travel expands the mind and fills the gap. – Sheda Savage
34. Travel not to escape life, but so life doesn’t escape you.
35. Traveling—it gives you home in a thousand strange places, then leaves you a stranger in your own land – Ibn Battuta
This quote hits home for me. Born to a military family, I grew up traveling the world. You could say, I learned how to fly before I could walk. The average stay in each country was two years, but some places were home for only 11 months. When asked by a stranger “where are you from?” How do you answer that when “home” as the saying goes, is where the heart is.
I hope you find some inspiration from these much-loved travel quotes. As Confucius said, “wherever you go, go with all your heart.”